I'm combining both of today's Scintilla prompts into one:
"What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told? Why? Would you tell the truth now, if you could?"
"Tell the story about something interesting (anything!) that happened to you, but tell it in the form of an instruction manual (Step 1, Step 2, Step 3….)"
1. First, form a serious relationship with a guy who is terribly jealous.
2. Win a scholarship in Chemical Engineering, where you are only one of a handful of women in the program compared to hundreds of men.
3. Take Linear Algebra Computer Programming in the first summer semester.
4. Become project partners with Don, who tells you about his girlfriend with the really cool apartment and doesn't even flirt with you a tiny bit.
5. Tell your boyfriend that of course your partner is a girl, just to avoid the inevitable accusations and fight that would follow if he knew your partner was really a boy.
6. Make the mistake of letting your boyfriend see something with Don's name written on it.
7. Listen to the inevitable accusations.
8. Say "No really, Don is a girl. I don't know why she spells it that way." Shrug your shoulders and roll your eyes for good effect.
9. Change the subject really fast.
10. Mentally question whether you want to be in a relationship where you have to lie, especially over nothing at all, and especially since you're starting to have a hard time keeping up with the lies.
11. Meet a really great guy while you're out dancing one night and your boyfriend preferred going out with his friends.
12. Say "yes" when he asks if he can meet you at Gilley's the next night to see Alabama play.
13. Let your boyfriend know you met someone, because you don't want to lie anymore.
14. Go to the movies and a Pat Benatar concert and the Renaissance Festival with the new guy.
15. Tell the new guy the truth about anything you ever lied about to your (old) boyfriend to see if he can handle it.
16. Decide that even if this new thing doesn't last, you are never going to be in a relationship where there is no trust.
17. Introduce the new guy to your best friend at work (male) and another old boyfriend who you just reconnected with as friends and your most recent old boyfriend's mom, dad, and little brothers, watching his reaction very carefully.
18. If he handles the truth about you and isn't jealous about you having guy friends, marry him as fast as possible. He's a keeper.