1. Last year I took my kids to see The Hobbit right before Christmas. We loved it so much, we decided to make it a Christmas tradition by seeing Part 2, "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", last night.
Our consensus? It sucked...and I don't use that word often or lightly. I was so disappointed. I'll wait to see Part 3 on Netflix. Or I'll just skip it and read the book again.
On the up side, I spent an evening with my kids and got my movie popcorn fix!
2. Someone plugged my name and number into a zillion auto insurance online quote searches. We've been inundated with phone calls today.
Who would hate me that much?
3. I love that Pope Frances tweets, photo bombs, and was a bar bouncer once upon a time. Besides all the other stuff there is to love about him, of course.
4. Five of my high school classmates passed away in 2013. One would be too many, but five? We're only 54, for goodness sake. We've pinky-sworn to be careful and take care of ourselves and do all within our power to keep the number zero in 2014.
5. Last week I wore two jackets, a hat, and gloves on my morning walks. Today I was in shorts and a tank top.
Crazy Texas weather.
Joining Nancy at A Rural Journal