1. "Knock and the door will open."
One of my dearest friends dropped by to see me and my mom on Monday before we headed back to Austin. She gave me this cross made from driftwood gathered on a Galveston beach (where we spent many summers together!)
She's such a gifted artist in all mediums. She's written a book on assemblage art and will soon be teaching a painting workshop. Find out more at Annie Lockhart.
2. For two days I've set my alarm for 5 am. I'm so behind on everything, and since morning is my most productive time (and it's usually taken up with puppy chores) I've meant to get up extra early and tackle some projects before the sun rises and I can see Belle staring at me through the French doors.
Instead, I've been resetting the alarm for 7. It's just hard to get up before the sun when everyone else in your house is snoozing, isn't it?
3. The kids and I have revisited the "Shrek" movies the past two nights. (That might be why I'm having trouble getting up.) We're skipping "Shrek 3", though. Once was enough for it.
4. Be careful when choosing your words.
I made the mistake of telling the nursing home my mom was allergic to eggs, when actually they just irritate her stomach.
Now they're balking at giving her the flu shot, even though I've assured them she gets a shot every single year and has never had a reaction. (I took her and Daddy last year, so I know from personal experience.)
I've also assured them she will probably die if she contracts the flu...given her age and severe asthma...which is why her doctors have always encouraged her to get one. And why I'll take her myself if they still refuse.
5. How would you like to win $50,000?
Keller Williams created this cool mobile app that lets you search for homes in your area (it's GPS based) or by entering a zip code to search in other areas. I love playing with it.
As if that wasn't enough, now if you download the app, you're not only entered for a chance to win $50,000, but you give me a chance to win $20,000!
Go HERE to get my code and download the app. Thanks in advance!
Another year is right around the corner.
I'm hoping your journey through 2014 is one filled with laughter and light, and if there are any bumps in the road, you have plenty of help to get you through.
Linking with Nancy...