I intended to post this last night. You know, "Five Things on Friday" - that catchy alliteration thing.
Instead, I went dancing.
So here are my "Five Things on Friday, on Saturday":
1. Did you watch the Grammies? I did this year for the first time in ages. So I was even more jealous that my kids got to see the grammy-winning band "Fun." in Austin two nights later! (Is it okay to be jealous of your kids?)
2. I was raised Baptist, but converted to Catholicism more than 15 years ago after about 15 years of contemplation about it. Pope Benedict XVI's decision to resign earlier this week came as a huge surprise. However, I respect him for stepping down if he feels he isn't physically able to do the job anymore. It's unusual, as far as tradition goes, but I'm not worried about the Church and don't anticipate huge changes.
3. I received another "sorry, you aren't our choice for this job" email. It was for an administrative assistant position that didn't pay much. I replied with my thanks for letting me know, and asked if they could tell me why I wasn't chosen, in case it was something I could change and increase my odds with the next application. I was told the "chosen one" has a bachelor's degree and more years of clerical, accounts payable, and customer service experience... which tells me they must be at least as old as I am, but they're still scrambling to find a job and are forced to resort to low-paying positions, despite years of experience and a bachelor's degree. Which means I'm screwed in the job department, if that's my competition. (No, I'm not giving up. Just whining.)
4. THE WEDDING is coming up fast! I need to find a good mother-son song for the reception. Any suggestions?
5. I came across a fortune cookie fortune in my purse. I have no idea where it came from, but I love what it says: "In the providence of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true." Do you agree or disagree?
I hope you've had a wonderful Saturday!
Five Mexican Jays, keeping an eye on the Hollow
P.S. Typepad seems to be acting up again. Please send me an email and let me know if you have trouble leaving comments or viewing this post in any way. barbarashallue (at) yahoo (dot) com